The state wide consultation included 205 participants comprising of key primary mental health care stakeholders within Queensland such as:
- general practitioners (GPs) and other primary health care providers;
- government and non-government mental health service providers, including indigenous and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) agencies; and
- consumers and carers.
The current (third) phase of the project is the State Implementation Phase and is co led by GPQ and Metro South Health District.
- divisions of general practice;
- general practitioners (GPs);
- specialist mental health;
- non-government and community agencies; and
- consumers and carers
activate: mind and body is governed by a state level steering committee with members from GPQ, public mental health services, non government organisations, oral health, universities, consumers, carers and general practitioners. Three working groups, Primary Health Care, Public Mental Health and Promotion, Prevention and Early Intervention, have been established to support the steering committee in actioning the project implementation plan.
The working groups are currently undertaking activities that will produce the key deliverables for the State Development Phase. These deliverables include:
- implementation of the evaluation framework;
- resource implementation for service providers, consumers and carers which include a Physical Health Mental Health Handbook, Academic Detailing Resource, Physical Health Guidelines for Mental Health Services and a Consumer Health Information Card;
- roll out of education and training modules developed for service providers, consumers and carers; and
- implementation of a state-wide health promotion plan including health promotion resources.
- interactive website www.activatemindandbody.com.au ;
- academic detailing resource;
- physical health guidelines for mental health services;
- onsumer health information cards;
- mental health skills training;
- academic detailing resource implementation; and
- peer support worker training.
Visit the website www.activatemindandbody.com.au
Please contact: Jenny Shaw, Program Coordinator – activate: mind & body at firstname.lastname@example.org