Exercising each day has benefits on your energy levels, weight management and enjoyment in life.
Go to the CHECK section and take the How Active Are You? Quiz to find out.
10 minutes of moderate intensity exercise includes a walk around the block, grocery shopping, gardening, or walking to and from public transport.
Regardless of your shape, size, age or fitness level it is easy to make healthy lifestyle choices and be more active each day.
Remember: when getting active wear comfortable footwear, fill a drink bottle with tap water to take with you and wear sunscreen if you are heading outdoors.
10 tips to get activeBefore getting started on increasing your level of physical activity make sure you visit your GP for a physical health check up.
Your GP will help make sure that the physical activity you engage in will have a positive outcome on your overall well being.
- Choose and plan physical activities that you enjoy
- Get off the bus a stop early and walk
- Wash the car
- Take the dog for a walk
- Take the stairs instead of the escalator or elevator
- Dance to music
- Park at the back of the parking lot and walk to the shops or office
- Check out what group activities are offered by your local council
- Set up a regular walk with a friend or family member
- Weed the garden or sweep your outdoor area